Auto accidents happen even to the best of us. Having an auto insurance policy can assist with covering repairs to you vehicle and medical expenses in the event of an accident.
While reading an auto insurance policy can be a long and arduous process, there are a few main types of coverage that are universal.
Bodily Injury Liability
- Provides protection in the event you injure someone while operating your vehicle.
- Provides a legal defense if a driver in an accident initiates a lawsuit against you
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage covers injuries to people, not your vehicle.
Medical Expenses/No Fault/Personal Injury Protection
- Typically pays for medical expenses of an injured driver and passenger in your car.
- There may also be coverage if you are injured by a vehicle as a pedestrian
Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- Provides compensation for your injuries caused by an uninsured motorist
- Depending on which state you are located in, there is uninsured motorist coverage for damage to your vehicl
Comprehensive Physical Damage Coverage
- Pays for damages resulting from incidents other than a collision, such as a stolen vehicle, or fire/water damage.
- Pays for damage to your car when your car impacts with another vehicle or object.
Property Damage Liability
- Covers you in the event your car damages somebody else's property.
- Can provide you with a legal defense in the event a lawsuit is filed against you.