Your Home Is Your Castle. It's also an important investment, which is why you'll want to protect it with a homeowners insurance policy.
A Homeowners Insurance Policy provides financial protection against losses due to disasters, theft and accidents.
While there are many types of homeowners insurance policies that we offer, most standard policies include Coverage for the Structure of Your Home, Coverage for your Personal Belongings, Liability Protection and Coverage for Additional Living Expenses.
Coverage for the Structure of Your Home
- Compensates you to repair/rebuild your home if it is damages by a fire, hurricane, lightning, hail, or other disasters as set forth in your policy.
- A standard policy will not typically pay for damages caused by floods or earthquakes.
Coverage for Your Personal Belongings
- Provides coverage for furniture, clothing, and other personal items in the event they are stolen, destroyed by, e.g. fire or other natural disaster.
- An appraisal is an important prerequisite to adequate insurance coverage of high value personal items, such as jewelry, arts,h furs, collectibles and silverware.
- Liability Protection provides you with coverage in the event a lawsuit for bodily injury or property damage is filed against your your family members.
- It may also provide no-fault medical coverage in the event a friend or neighbor is injured in your home.
Additional Living Expenses
- Provides compensation for costs of living away from home if you can't live there due to a covered natural disaster.
- This typically includes hotel bills, restaurant meals and other costs incurred while your home is being rebuilt.
- If you rent a part of your home, you are also covered for the rent you would have collected from your tenant had your home not been destroyed.